Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On the ground in San Diego!

I got in to San Diego today at 8:00 p.m. After discovering my hotel was not actually across from the San Diego Convention Center, I was happy to find it is only one block over from the hotel I stayed at in 2006. I new I recognized the neighborhood once I got out of the taxi. The Burger King across the way is no longer around but it has been replaced by a McDonalds, Del Taco and a Jack In The Box. My fine dinner tonight is from JitB. The best thing is the shuttle buses run one block from my door and I am only three blocks from the trolley. Life is good. No pics yet but they will be coming shortly.

I have already ran in to two independent artists / publishers - one on the plane ride down and another in the hotel lobby. The first publisher from the plane ride has acquired the license to produce "illustrated graphic novels" based on the Planet of the Apes and the other is premiering the first issue of his "comedy comic" featuring superheros with no powers but armed with a cell phone. Sounds like something in the vain of "Return of the Super Pimps" I saw here last year. I will pick up a copy to check it out. Alright, my burger is getting cold and I am sleepy now. Need some beauty sleep to start researching and planning out my agenda starting with preview night tomorrow.

No comments: