Thursday, April 2, 2009

Forget Twilight and see Adventureland

Horror fans all know Twilight was lame and limp when it came to portend itself as a vampire movie with teenagers.  Give me Lost Boys any day.  I will admit the movie was much better than the novel because it got rid of that tweener internal monologue that only teenage girls seem to get or understand.  Issue could be I am in my late 30s and should not be reading such juvenile stories  and hope to be enthralled by a captivating story.  Damn you JK Rowling!  Stephanie Meyer is so not your contemporary regardless of book sales or those rabid fans at last year's San Diego Comicon.  Sorry Denise but it's true.

Enough of that.  What I want to say is Kristin Stewart has redeemed herself in my eyes with a great performance in Adventureland that gets wide release in theaters tomorrow.  Forget Bella and give me Em any day.  I know this is not a horror film but so what.  Its my blog and I can rant on it however I want.  Besides that it is a great film and reminds me of the John Hughes films from when I was in high school.  If you grew up in the 80s, listen to Sirius channel 8 with abandon, worked shitty summer jobs, and wanted to have, or either had, that great summer romance, you must see this.  It was a great flash back to my younger days and captured my budding hopes and fears at that time on being on my own and in the harsh world without a net. 

Lastly, the soundtrack music is killer with classic tunes of the era.  I will have to get this for my ipod and not the iphone.  I am a Storm man through and through.  My review of the film will be on www.michaelwproffitt.com soon and I hope I still have something to say in Five Sentences or Less. 
-- sent via Michael's Blackberry Storm

No comments: