Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Young Frankenstein @ The Kennedy Center

My friend Sharon promised me we would go see this show for my birthday when it came to the Kennedy and we lucked in to box seats - the box left of the Presidential box in the Opera House - oh yeah! Outside of this being a live musical version of one of my favorite horror comedies by Mel Brooks, it had the bonus of featuring the original Broadway cast leads such as Roger Bart and Shuler Hensley as Dr. Frederick Frankenstein and The Monster. The stage set was awesome and I got to snap a pic of the stage before a couple next to us got busted by the ushers because they used a flash - how foolish can you be. All in all a great evening with fantastic music even if some of the jokes worked better in the movie than on the stage. A great birthday treat and thank you again Sharon - smooches!

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: