Friday, August 14, 2009

500 Days of Summer

Even though I am a huge fan of Zooey Deschanel and with a recommendation from my friend E, it was the back and forth between my friend's Alex and Diana while dining on our botched carryout order from Peking Gourmet Inn that got me to go see this movie. As the movie states at the on set it is not a love story but the life of a relationship from initial sighting to its demise. Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Leveitt, who also stars as The Doctor in this summer's CGI action thriller G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, deliver good performances in this non-linear story. As for the debate over Chinese, Alex is right that no guy ever wants to hear that the girl he loved could love someone else but just not him. This is a good film worth seeing and actually does have a hopeful, if not actual happy, ending.

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: