Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dagon

Instead of making it to the Baltimore's Comicon today with my friend Kelly and her two little ones, our plans were tweaked and we made it over to Alanna's house for some fantastic paella that featured squid and some pickled octopus in honor of a book club reading of H.P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu. Unfortunately, I did not read the story since I did not know the title of it before we got there but I had read it a few year's back and saved some face. After heading home after a lot of great food and plenty of wine, port, sherry and beer, I still had a jones for some Cthulhu fun so I popped in this little 2001 Stuart Gordon classic for some good old fish people, tentacles, cult chats, ritual sacrifices and Italian nudity. If I still feel the need for some more Lovecraftian horror after tweaking on Cthulhu, I can pop in a few more Gordon classics like Re-Animator, From Beyond, Castle Freak, and Dreams in the Witch-House. Seconds any one?

Click here to check out the original trailer.

No comments: